Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Problem with AutoFitStyle = ExtendLastColumn
posted

I have an UltraGrid where the grids AutoFitStyle is set to ExtendLastColumn. From a UI perspective this works as expected. This column has an UltraDropDown specified as it's ValueList. I would like to be able to set the DropDownWidth of the UltraDropDown to the width of the parent column. The problem is that as far as I can tell the .Width of the column doesn't change when the size of the grid changes even though on the screen the width has changed.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Dave

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Dave,

Have you tried setting the DropDownWidth to 0? Here's an excerpt from the help:

"A setting of 0 will cause the dropdown to auto-size itself to the width of the edit portion. In the case of the UltraCombo control, this is the width of the control. In the case of the UltraDropDown control, this will be the size of the editor in the column."

If that's not working on the AutoExtended column, it's a bug and you should Submit an incident to Infragistics Developer Support.

To answer your question, though, you can get the actual width of the columm using the CellSizeResolved property of the column.