Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
AllowUpdate has no effect, very simple example
posted

I'm having trouble with AllowUpdate, all of the forum responses imply that AllowUpdate overrides all other settings and should prevent the whole grid from being modified, however it has no effect for me. This is easily illustrated by creating a simple grid with a single cell and setting the AllowUpdate property.

Create a brand new windows forms project, add a grid to the form, don't change any settings and add the following to the ctor:

UltraDataSource ds = new UltraDataSource();
 ds.Band.Columns.Add("a");
 ds.Rows.Add();
 ultraGrid1.DataSource = ds;
 ultraGrid1.DisplayLayout.Override.AllowUpdate = Infragistics.Win.DefaultableBoolean.False;

When I run it and click on the single cell it enters edit mode! I'm using 2008.1

Thanks 

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

AllowUpdate doesn't stop the cell from entering edit mode. It stops the cell from being edited. So this just means you cannot type into the cell and this works fine for me. If you don't want a cell to enter edit mode, you should probably use the CellClickAction property on the override.