Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Tool Icon
posted

I have a VS 2008 app which i am upgrading to VS 2010.

I was using NetAdvantage 2010.2 in VS 2008. I am now using NetAdvantage 2012.1 in VS 2010

I have a UltraToolbarsManager. I place images into a ImageList and then retrieve the images from the ImageList to put the image onto the tools on my ribbon.

In VS 2010 the image is not as good as a VS 2008.

The top icon is how it should appear (and does appears in VS 2008), the bottom icon is how it does appear (in VS 2010 without converting to a bitmap)

This is the code for the bottom icon where it returns the icon to add to the ImageList. (this was the original code in VS 2008)

public Icon Copy()
        {
            return EM.Shared.Images.RibbonMenus.Edit.Resources.copy;
        }

This is the code for the top icon.

public Image mmCopy()
        {
            return EM.Shared.Images.RibbonMenus.Edit.Resources.copy.ToBitmap();
        }

My question is why do i need to convert the iccon to a bitmap? I didn't have to do the is in VS 2008?

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi,

I made a tests with VS 2012 and VS 2008 and both of them have the same behavior regarding Resources images / icons.

In my tests with VS 2010 ,  I have three images with different extensions (.ICO  .Img and  .BMP)  in my resource file and I`m able to used the code below:

public Image Test()

{

// test with Icon

return UltraGridRegExpressionReplaceCellText.Resource1.Automotive128;

}

or

// test with Bitmap

return UltraGridRegExpressionReplaceCellText.Resource1.Untitled;

or

// test with Image

return UltraGridRegExpressionReplaceCellText.Resource1.su37_2333;

Please let me know if you think that I misunderstand your questions or if you have any further questions.

Regards

Children
No Data