Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
FormulaBuilderDialog and Globalization/Localization
posted

Hi there

We are using v12.1.20121.2038 of the UltraWinCalcManager and attempting to make use of the FormulaBuilderDialog.

Excuse my ignorance but I have 2 broad questions in regards to this dialog both relating to Globalization/Localization particularly in relation to Spanish and to a lesser extent Germanic based languages.

Firstly is it possible to configure the dialog to display text such as form text, Operands and Functions etc from other languages using resource files etc. If so then how? Do you have some samples or links on how to achieve this?

Secondly is it possible to have the Formula Builder work with numbers formatted based on cultures other than English? i.e have a comma meaning decimal  and decimal point meaning comma etc? Again If so then how? Do you have some samples or links on how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance

geoffhop

Verified Answer
    Offline posted in reply to Mike Saltzman

Great thanks Mike

Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

geoffhop said:
    Firstly is it possible to configure the dialog to display text such as form text, Operands and Functions etc from other languages using resource files etc. If so then how? Do you have some samples or links on how to achieve this?

Yes, the FormulaBuilderDialog (and FunctionBuilderDialog) are both fully localizable. You localize them in the same way you localize any of the other Infragistics WinForms assemblies, by using the ResourceCustomizer.

Customizing Assembly Resource Strings

Assembly Resource Strings

geoffhop said:
    Secondly is it possible to have the Formula Builder work with numbers formatted based on cultures other than English? i.e have a comma meaning decimal  and decimal point meaning comma etc? Again If so then how? Do you have some samples or links on how to achieve this?

No, formulas are always written in the invariant culture.

In theory, you could write your own formula builder. But this probably isn't practical.