Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraCombo listwidth and number of rows displayed
posted

I have a UltraWinGrid.UltraCombo control on my project that I need to make two small changes, and I cannot find where to make these changes (either in code, or even in the properties window would work great for me).

I would like to increase the drop down column width (there is only one column).  I have increased the combo box size itself, and this did not increase the row width.  So I found the property "Drop Down Width" and this changes the Width of the drop down, but there is gray/empty area surrounding the oringal width and within the original width is the text.

Also, I would like to increase the number of rows that display when the drop down list is displayed by 1.  I have 1 row that does not display, and with only 1 not displaying the users might not realize it exists.  I could not find a property to control this (and there may not be one).

Thank you for your help.

T.J.

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi T.J.,

You really don't need to use DropDownWidth. By default, the width of the dropdown automatically sizes to fit the width of the columns. So you all you really need to do is set the Width on your column. 

Use the InitializeLayout event of the combo and do something like this:

e.Layout.Bands[0].Columns["My Column"].Width = 200;

For the height of the dropdown, I think there's a property calling MaxDropDownItems and you can just increase it by 1.

Children
No Data