Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
3 Tier DataSource (One to Many --> Many to One)
posted

Hi,

I don't know how to explain my data schema in a succicint description - nor did I know exactly what to search for so I apologise if this has been answered already.

Consider the following datasource

11 09 2012 10 46 57 PM

How can I get these three bands to display in a grid?

I have the above datasource in a dataset in visual studio. The Dataset does not show these datatables in a 3-tier relationship. I guess because it is not "One to Many to Many"

I hope I am making sense what I want to achieve.

I essentially want to show;

• CLIENTS
    • ClientAddresses
      • Addresses

I actually want to hide the "ClientAddresses" Band. But is there any way to configure the grid in such a way... Particularly at Design Time?

Thanks in Advance

Aaron

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi Aaron,

Your question really isn't about the grid, it's about the data. The grid will show the data in whatever way the DataSource presents it. So what you need to do here is build a data source that has the structure you want and bind it to the grid.

There are a lot of ways you could do this, but there's basically two approaches.

1) Use SQL to generate a data set with the structure you want. I'm afraid my SQL is a bit rusty, so if you want to go that route, you might be better off checking with Microsoft of the documentation for SQL.

2) You could use an UltraDataSource component and set up the data structure manually. With the UltraDataSource, you create the bands and columns yourself, so you can set them up however you want. You then have the option of either populating the UltraDataSource with all of the data up front, or using the on-demand mode to load the data into the UltraDataSource as needed.

Children
No Data