Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Card View Exception
posted

Using the Infragistics UltraWinGrid.  Most recent release and patch (12.1.2038)

In a certain setup of the grid, a user has been able to reliably duplicate the following exception:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.RowColRegionIntersectionUIElement.CardRowSizingHelper(CardAreaUIElement cardRowElement)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.RowColRegionIntersectionUIElement.AddRowHelper(UIElement parentElement, UIElementsCollection oldElements, Rectangle& rcElement, VisibleRow visibleRow, Boolean overlapTopBorder, Boolean offsetElementIfPossible)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.RowColRegionIntersectionUIElement.PositionChildElements()
at Infragistics.Win.UIElement.VerifyChildElements(ControlUIElementBase controlElement, Boolean recursive)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.RowColRegionIntersectionUIElement.VerifyChildElements(ControlUIElementBase controlElement, Boolean recursive)

This exception occurs when the user scrolls down on the grid data.

I've managed to duplicate the issue in a sample project that I've attached.  Just build, run, when the grid appears grab the vertical scrollbar with your mouse and scroll down.  You'll eventually see the exception.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this

Chris Rowland

CardViewTestApp.zip
    posted

Hi Chris,

I have also been able to reproduce your issue in an isolated sample and I am in the process of preparing it for review by my development team, for further investigation.

I will be providing you with further details via the case that I have created for this behavior and I will follow up on this thread for other viewers of this thread, once a resolution has been found.

If you have any further questions in the meantime, please let me know.

Sincerely,
    Chris K
    Developer Support Engineer
    Infragistics, Inc.
    www.infragistics.com/support