Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Using Owner Draw for One column in Wingrid
posted

Hello

The attached screen shot is of a dialog that uses a windows list box control.  The list box is customized via the Owner Drawn Mode so we can write multiple lines and format the text in each row.  An additional requirement has surfaced that requires the content of each row to be expanded to the right with 3 addition columns each containing a check box.  I've decided to use a wingrid but I can't find any examples or guideline on being able to change just one columns presentation in the wingrid.  Can this be done and can you point me to an example?  I'm using NetAdvantage Winforms 12.2.

Thank you

Offline posted

Hello ClaySeifert,

Could you explain in details what you are after? Do you want to change the appearance of all cells in a particular column in some way? Or maybe a row's appearance?

Thank you in advance.

Offline posted

Hi,

I'm not exactly clear on what you are looking for. There's nothing in this screen shot that would require you to owner-draw anything in the WinGrid. This layout could easily be achieved using RowLayouts in the grid.

If you want to do your own drawing in the grid, or any of the Infragistics WinForms controls, you use a DrawFilter. If you search these forums, there are lots of samples with code that uses DrawFilters to do all sorts of things. But again, I'm not really clear on what you want to draw, so I can't point you to any more specific example.