Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Trigger to change NoRowsInDataSource to NoVisibleRows?
posted

Hello,

I have an ultragrid used for search results bound to a binding source. When the search criteria are changed the rows in the underlying binding list are changed. The binding source sends a ListChangedType.Reset event to the grid. The user can also apply filtering within the grid. So, the rows shown in the grid depend on both the search criteria and any filters applied in the grid.

I have enabled both the NoRowsInDataSource message (search criteria returned no results) and the NoVisibleRows message (grid filtering out all rows). When the user changes the search criteria such that results are available but filtered out by grid filter, the grid is failing to update the state change from NoRowsInDataSource to NoVisibleRows. The ListChangedType.Reset event is sent to the grid. Inspecting the UIElements, the EmptyMessageRow.EmptyMessageType is still NoRows when it should be NoVisibleRows.

I've built various sand boxes for a binding source with filtering attached to a grid with filtering. The sandboxes always update the state and no rows message correctly.

Any suggestions on what to look for here?

Wendy

Parents Reply Children
No Data