Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Preempt AddRow insert
posted

I am working on a project that requires a pinned, editable row for updating the values of an entire column. I would like to just co-opt the AddRow for this purpose, since its distinction from the data source and unique appearance make it pretty well suited to such a task.

I would like to disable the intended functionality of the AddRow, since that capability is not needed by the application I'm working on. I had some success removing the mappings for the Enter and Tab keys - you couldn't add the row without those two keys, as far as I was able to tell. But, this means I need to handle the appropriate actions for those cells in the rest of the grid with my own code.

I'm wondering if you can suggest an alternative, such as identifying an event I could handle and cancel to prevent new rows from being added to the grid via the AddRow UI element. Thanks.