Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Grid Summary Rows Throwing Error and Performance Issues
posted

Hello,

I have project in .Net Framework 4.5 using the latest Service Release of Infragistics WinForms 13.1. I noticed when moving to .Net Framework 4.5 all the grids with summary rows were taking longer to load.  I set Visual Studio to break on all exceptions and noticed that every Summary Row Calculation, while returning the correct data, is getting the error listed below:

PerCederberg.Grammatica.Runtime.RE.RegExpException occurred   HResult=-2146233088   Message=unsupported escape character: '\p{L}_]+' at position 1   Source=Infragistics4.Win.UltraWinCalcManager.v13.1   StackTrace:        at PerCederberg.Grammatica.Runtime.TokenRegExpParser.ReadEscapeChar()   InnerException:

I've attached a sample project that recreates the issue. Please advise as some of my forms have many grids with Summary Rows and the performance is now dreadful.

WinGridLoadTest.zip
    Offline posted

Hello Acozzi,

Thank you for contacting Infragistics.

I ran your sample and was able to retrieve exception. The exception is indeed coming from the PreCederberg.Grammatica library namespace. I am not familiar with this parser generator and cannot find a trace of it in your sample. Can you please clarify what it is used for?

Also, may I ask what performance issues you are experiencing. Loading your sample is not slow. All the data, including te summary row displays at the same time. Do you believe the exception is related to the performance?