Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Omit tooltip for UltraLabel
posted

I'm currently adding tooltips to our application where I'm using the ToolTip class instead of UltraToolTipManager because they imho look smarter than the balloons. I don't show tooltips for most of the labels but I've one UltraLabel used for showing the customer's address where I want to show a tooltip. During testing the tooltips I wondered why a second tooltip with the address itself has been popping up. After hovering over other UltraLabels I realized that this seems to be the default behavior that a tooltip is shown with same text as the label. For the UltraLabel, where I want to display my own tooltip, this now looks a little bit weird (see attached picture).

I couldn't find any property on UltraLabel class to omit showing default tooltip on it so my question is how can I do this?

Regards, Wolfgang

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi Wolfgang,

qbupoew said:
    imho look smarter than the balloons.

Okay... but just FYI, UltraToolTipManager doesn't HAVE to use balloon style. You could just do this:

this.ultraToolTipManager1.DisplayStyle = Infragistics.Win.ToolTipDisplayStyle.Standard;

qbupoew said:
    this seems to be the default behavior that a tooltip is shown with same text as the label.

\

Set AutoEllipsis to false.

Children
No Data