Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraCombo columns not showing up
posted

Hi!  Hope someone can help with the following situation...  :-)

I am trying to create a multi-column combobox using UltraCombo (NetAdvantange
for .NET 2008 Vol. 1 CLR 2.0) in Visual Studio 2005 to display two columns.
The combobox uses a System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource, bsTypeList, which
encapsulates the object TypeList, described below:

TypeList (class)
 TypeName   string
 TypeValue   object
 TypeDescription  string

The combobox has the following properties set:
Appearance
 Display Style: Office2007
 Dropdown Style: DropDown

Behavior
 Auto Edit: checked
 Limit to List: checked

Data
 Data Member: <empty>
 Data Source: bsTypeList
 Display Member: TypeName
 Value Member: TypeValue

Layout
 Columns:
  TypeName
  TypeValue
  TypeDescription

The columns cannot be rearranged in the designer.

I would like to display TypeName in the first column and TypeDescription in the second column of the combobox.  However, only TypeName and TypeValue show up.  If I set the TypeValue column to hidden, then only TypeName shows up.  Additionally, when stepping through the code, UltraCombo1.DisplayLayout.Bands(0).Columns.Count shows 2, not 3!

How do I get TypeName and TypeDescription to show up as separate columns in the combobox, while still using TypeValue as the Value Member?

TIA,

Dave

p.s. -- GOT THE ANSWER!!  I created my own problem!  The binding source is bound to a datatable.  Once I added the column to the datatable, the UltraCombo worked as I wanted it to.

Offline posted

Hello Dave,

Thank you for the provided information and feedback regarding the found solution.

Please feel free to let us know if there is anything else that we could do for you.