Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Performance problem enumerating rows when using grouped columns
posted

Hi,

I'm having some issues with the performance of the ultrawingrid. In my situation, I have a grid with a group by column and about 8000 rows. I need to loop through the individual rows to set values to some unbound columns. However, rather than the assigning of those values, just the looping through the rows (actually: getting the enumerator) causes a delay of a few seconds.

I created a small sample project demonstrating the problem. The project groups a column in the grid and fills it's datasource with 10000 rows. When clicking the test button, it refills the datasource, and loops through the rows. This takes a few seconds, and is too long for a smooth user experience.

My question is, how can I speed up the enumeration of the rows?

I already tried the SuspendUpdate and SuspendRowSynchronization as mentioned in the performance guide, but that didn't help. I also tried the GetRowEnumerator method, but that didn't help either. I hope you can. Thanks in advance.

I'm using version 10.3.20103.1000

GridGroupBySlowExample.zip
Parents
    posted

Hello TorX,

I`m not sure what is your final goal, but do you think that it is possible to use  ultraGrid1_InitializeRow() event, instead of Loop to set the values in your UnboundColumn ?  Or maybe you could use UltraCalcManager to set the values in your UnboundColumn ? Of course you could try miltiple thread / backgroundworker to prevent hang up of your application.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Reply Children