Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraExplorerBarContainerControl doesn't size properly!
posted

I am trying to create groups(with container controls) in the explorerbar(with the style as listbar) dynamically at run-time and am having a lot of problems. Each group contains an ultra-tree within its containercontrol. This VB example I found shows how I'm creating the container controls and then adding the Tree's to the container controls within the ExplorerBar Groups(although I'm using C#):

Dim uccContainer As New Infragistics.Win.UltraWinExplorerBar.UltraExplorerBarContainerControl

Dim tvTree As New TreeView

'Add some nodes just for fun
tvTree.Nodes.Add("Node1")
tvTree.Nodes.Add("Node2")
tvTree.Nodes.Add("Node3")

'Create the Group
uexExplorer.Groups.Add("Tr
ee")

'Add the treeview to the container
uccContainer.Controls.Add(
tvTree)

'Add the container to the explorer controls
uexExplorer.Controls.Add(u
ccContainer)

'Set the group's control container to be the one we created
uexExplorer.Groups("Tree")
.Container = uccContainer

'Set the style of the group to reflect that we want to show controls
uexExplorer.Groups("Tree")
.Settings.Style = Infragistics.Win.UltraWinExplorerBar.GroupStyle.ControlContainer

The issues with this is that the container control does not automatically size to be within the group. In fact it basically just sits overtop of the explorerbar hiding the actual group headers. I can try to size the container control myself, but this is can be tough as each container control has different dimensions depending on how many groups came before it and how many groups came afterwards. Also if I add a new group I basically have to go through all the previously added groups and resize their container controls because the new headers, which show up at the bottom of the explorerbar(I'm using the style listbar), will be obstructed by the old container controls based on their original sizes.

Also the documentation for the UltraExplorerBarContainerControl says setting the
UltraExplorerBarGroup.Settings.Style = GroupStyle.ControlContainer will automatically create a container control for this group. I have not found this to be the case. As the example shows above I have to create the container control myself add it to the group and then set the style which will then allow the group to be used. Even then it doesn't automatically size it based on the groups' theoretical area...

Any help would be most appreciated...