Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Auto expand parent row on multi band grids
posted

Hi, I would like to know if there if it is possible to auto expand the parent row on a multi band grid every time we start editing a new parent row. Currently, when I start editing the new parent row the expand (+) icon becomes visible and you must click on it so that the child band gets a new row. I tried calling the ExpandAll method while in the InitializeRow method of the parent row but I realized that by doing this I loose focus from the cell I was editing on the parent row.

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

Could you explain in more detail what you want? The Expansion Indicator doesn't suddenly show up when you start editing a row. By default, it displays all the time (assuming your data structure has a child band) and it will go away only if the user clicks on it and there are no child rows.

Using InitializeRow doesn't seem to fit in with what you are asking, because this event fires for every row, not just when you edit a row.

I would think you could just trap CellChanged or maybe AfterEnterEditMode and just set the Expanded property on the row. I don't think that should take the cell out of edit mode.

Reply Children
No Data