Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to make a Cell Dropdown list act like a context menu
posted

Hi,

I need a way to make it so choosing an option in a dropdown list does not change the value in the cell, but instead starts running another command in my application that will cause the cell value to update. 

I already have the code for updating the cell value when the other part of my application causes it to change.

The cell's column style is set to ColumnStyle.DropDown, and AutoEdit is false so it does not pull values from the dropdown list if the user types in the cell.  I have a valuelist set up and attached to the column.  I am not using any embedded editors (the column.editor property = nothing)

I'm using the CellListSelect event to determine what value was chosen, and I am able to start running the other commands in my app based on that.

The problem is, when I choose a value from the valuelist, it gives the cell that value.  I need to stop it from changing the cell's value with the option chosen from the valuelist, and I can't figure out how to do that.

Thanks for the help,

~Karen

Parents Reply Children
No Data