Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Bind a Tool Tip
posted

Hi,

I found a few threads on the subject of tool tips with the same end result I'm trying to achieve but they were from a couple of years ago, so I thought I'd ask a similar question in case things have changed......

We have a cell that will display a warning icon (Field Name: HasWarning). When the user hovers over the icon/cell we'd like the reason for the warning (Field Name: WarningMessage) to appear as a tool tip.  i.e. the tool tip is populated from another field in the datasource.  

The warning message wasn't required originally so to avoid using the Initialize_Row to populate the cell with an icon we were using a value list for the HasWarning (boolean) field.  The values list contained "True, <Icon>" and "False, Null".

Since then our client has asked for the reason to appear as a tool tip.  Can you bind the tool tip text to a field on the datasource or will we have to code it using the Initialize_Row event?

i.e.  pseudo code

private sub Grid_Initialize_Row()

if row.HasWarning = true then

row.HasWarning.ToolTip = row.ListObject.WarningMessage

End if

Kind regards,

Nathan

Parents Reply Children
No Data