Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Group Box background colors overridden by windows style?
posted

Hi,

I have a bunch of UltraGroupBox and UltraExpandableGroupBox controls in my application.  I have their ViewStyle = VisualStudio2005.

My App runs on windows XP.  I have changed the background colors of the groupboxs' headers and content area to shades of blue, with a gradient.

When I install and run my application on computers that have their appearance style set to Windows Classic style, my specified colors do not show on the group boxes and they just show in a solid gray (no gradient).

The appearance property changed on the computer is gotten to by:

Right-clicking the desktop background and choosing Properties.  From the Display Properties dialog, choose the Appearance tab.  In the first combo box labeled Windows and buttons, choose Windows Classic style.

It seems like the background colors must be getting inheritted from this style change.  Does anyone know how to stop the control from inheritting the colors in the style?

Thanks,

~Karen