Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to add a chart?
posted

I try to use your chart in a Windows Forms application (VS 2005). The problem is that when I drop the "UltraWinChart" from the toolbox onto a form, I only get a symbol "ultraChart 1" below the form area, where displayless controls usually appear.

I tried to find some information in your documentation, but the only documentation I could find is for "WinChart" (not UltraWinChart). Assuming that this is the same control, I read through documenation, which mentions a wizard that should appear when adding the chart to a form, however, I don't observe this behavior.

•  Question 1: How am I supposed to use the chart control?
  •  Question 2: what's the difference between an "WinChart" and the "UltraWinChart"?

As a sidenote: the documentation is almost useless. It contains plenty of sentences like "this is a great place for you..." and "if... you have come to the right place" which don't mean anything. I would have preferred more information and less marketing.

- Togo

posted

I would suggest looking at this thread:

http://forums.infragistics.com/forums/t/8739.aspx

I believe it is similar, if not the exact same problem you are having. And yes, WinChart in the documentation refers to UltraWinChart.Hope this helps.

-Paul