Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraGrid List Close Causes Application Freezing
posted

I have an UltraGrid on my form. I have an AfterCellListCloseUp event hooked up to the grid. The code in the event is below. Once in a while when I click outside of the list while it is droped down it will close then the application locks up.

Has anyone ever run into this problem before? Is there a problem with the way I am getting the value from the dropdown?

private void _grdTranslations_AfterCellListCloseUp(object sender, CellEventArgs e)

{

int rowIndex = e.Cell.Row.Index;

int selectedIndex = e.Cell.ValueListResolved.SelectedItemIndex;

string mapping = (string)e.Cell.ValueListResolved.GetValue( selectedIndex );

if( mapping != null )

{

MyController.SetTargetMappingVariable( rowIndex, mapping );

ValidateCollection();

}

}

Further investigation looks like it makes it thru the event but the the application freezes after that. I am dropping the list down then clicking on a parent tab page and trying to change to another view. Shouldn't this just close the list and be done?

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello jluecke1,

I tried your code and it seems to work fine for me. As to your question if you are getting the value correctly - yes, the behavior is as expected, the value in the 'mapping' variable is the right one when I am testing this. So I created and attached a sample for you in this post to look into.

If the problem persists you could download the latest service release available for your current version or either download the trial version of Net Advantage 11.1 and test your application agianst it.

Please let me know if I am missing something regarding your scenario.

AfterListCloseUp.zip
Children
No Data