Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraGanttView - Set horizontal scroll bar range to correspond to the project duration
posted

Hi

I've raised this before, but it is has become critical now that we are getting user testing feedback:   Our users are totally confused by the current infinite scrolling behaviour of gantt view, they hate that they scroll all the way to the left and rather than getting the start of the project they get some random point in time and then have to grab the scroll bar again.  Similarly scrolling all the way to the right.

I think that the default behaviour should match that of MS Project, which is the Gantt view that most people have interacted with.  That behaviour is that the horizontal scroll bar handle moves you between the start and end dates of the project being viewed.

Is there something that can be done about this?

In the meantime, I'm guessing it must be possible to write some code that either intercepts the scrollbar events and allows me to get the behaviour described above, or to simulate it by placing an UltraScrollBar control over the top of the Gantt so the user grabs that one instead?  Could I ask you to give me some code for one or both of those approaches?

Many thanks, Tom

Parents Reply Children
No Data