Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraNumericEditor Button Tooltip
posted

Is it possible to get a tooltip on the individual buttons in the editor rather than just on the Editor component?

this.ToolTipManager.SetUltraToolTip(this.ReportNumberUpDown.ButtonsRight["NewNumber"], 
                new UltraToolTipInfo("TooltipGenerateNewReportNumber", 
                    Infragistics.Win.ToolTipImage.Info, "MessageBoxTitle"DefaultableBoolean.True));

The above of course does not work.  I cannot see anyway to do this as Tooltip manager uses a Control to set the tooltip on.

Thanks,

Andez

Offline posted

Hello Paul,

I am just checking about the progress of this issue. Let me know if you need my further assistance on this issue.

Thank you for using Infragistics Components.

Offline posted

Hello Paul,

Thank you for contacting Infragistics Developer Support.

What you could do in order to have tooltips for individual buttons in the UltraNumericEditor is to handle the MouseEnterElement event. Then if you want to have a tooltip for this element enable the UltraTooltipManager and set its tooltip. In the MouseLeaveElement disable the UltraTooltipManager.

I have attached a sample demonstrating this approach. Notice that the UltraNumericEditor has two spin buttons. Each of them has a different tooltip and it is displayed when you hover them.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

WE_SetTooltipOnSpecificButton.zip