Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraChart Gantt chart add custom tooltip information
posted

Hi All,

I would like to add the custom tooltip in my Gantt chart.

I did not find any source to bind.

I have one more column [description] in datatable and want to display that data as tooltip in each bar.

How to bind the data when grid bind.

Thank.

Offline posted

Hello,

I am just checking about the progress of this issue. Let me know if you need my further assistance on this issue.

Thank you for using Infragistics Components.

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

Thank you for posting in our forums.

What you could do in your case is to use the IRenderLabel interface. It allows you to customize the strings for the axis labels, the tooltips, etc. You need to implement only one method – ToString – for this interface, which has an argument, containing the information for the data source row among other things. Using the argument you can get the value from the data table and return it as the tooltip. For more information on this interface, please visit this link:

http://help.infragistics.com/Doc/WinForms/2014.2/CLR4.0/?page=Chart_Customize_Labels_Using_the_IRenderLabel_Interface.html

I have attached a sample that demonstrates this suggestion.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

WC_GantChartTooltips.zip