Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ColumnStyle.EditButton with ValueList changed behaviour in V 8.2
posted

I have a column with a ValueList with ColumnStyle.Editbutton. In v 7.1 the Value in the cell was a value in from the valuelist (if found), and not the text entered. Now in v 8.2 it is the text entered, so the whole functionality underlaying value - text for the user of the valuelist fails.

Is there mode to combine the functionality of the EditButton-Style with the valuelist like in v 7.1?

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

I'm not really sure I undestand what you are decribing. There is no version of the grid that would have allowed you to have a ValueList in a cell and also have the Style set to edit button. This would not have working in v7.1 and any other version.

If you need to have a ValueList in a cell and you also want an addition button, you would have to use an Editor. What I would do is place an UltraComboEditor on the form with the grid. Use the ButtonsRight collection to add an EditorButton to it. Then set the EditorControl property of the column to this UltraComboEditor.

I don't understand what you are referring to regarding the cell Value. This behavior has not changed from v7.1 to v8.2.The Value of the cell will return the Value on the list that matches the text and if no matching value is found, it will return the text. If this did something different in any previous version, then it was a bug. But I am not aware of that ever having been the case. 

Reply Children
No Data