Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Installer and key
posted

Hi, I have purchased Infragistics NetAdvantage 2007.1 one year ago. 

I want to upgrade my installation from Infragistics from 2007.1 to 2007.3 with the key provided under "My Keys and Downloads". However, it always gave me an error saying that the key that I entered are not valid.

I also noticed that there is an Expiry Date attached to the keys.

Does it mean that I cannot install the software after the key has been expired? Isn't that the key I purchased can be used anytime and as long as we want? Please advise.

Thanks 

Kai 

Parents
No Data
    posted

First, make sure you're using your "NetAdvantage for .NET 2007 Volume 3" key.  Your "NetAdvantage for .NET 2007 Volume 1" key won't work to install NetAdvantage for .NET 2007 Volume 3.  It's an easy mistake to make (which I've done many times myself).

Sometimes, our installer packages "caches" an old or invalid value, so that later attempts always read the "cached" value rather than user input.  I'm fairly sure there's another thread on the forums that goes into more detail.  The solution is to reboot your computer, which clears this "cache" and allows the installer to pay attention to your manual input for your key.

The expiration date applies only to your subscription service, not to your access to the product or ability to install it.  What this means is, past the date listed and assuming you don't renew your subscription, you'll no longer receive keys for new releases as we publish them.  If you have purchased priority support, this is tied to your subscription, so if your subscription lapses so does your priority support; you'll still be eligible for standard support for as long as the product is supported at all.

Children
No Data