Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Edit node label on databounded UltraTree
posted

Hi,  I'm using UltraTree to show records in DataSet hierarchically from 3 related tables.

UltraTree has Standard ViewStyle, and each ColumnSet has NodeTextColumn set to needed column. It displays great, but how I can allow node edit? AllowCellEdit in ColumnSettings, each ColumnSet, and each Column is set to Full. I'm trying to play with Editor and EditorControl properties with no effect - UltraTree does not allow to edit node label (by mouse clicking). UltraTree's Override.UseEditor is set to True.

And one more question - after label editing (if it possible :)) - bounded DataRow will changed?

PS. Now, I'm try to SelectedNodes[0].BeginEdit() in doubleclick event handler. Node goes to edit, but bounded DataRow not changed :(. Any ideas? May be there are some sample in documentation?

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

AllowCellEdit only applies to cell. Since your tree is in Standard ViewStyle, you have no cells, you just have nodes. So I think you need to use the LabelEdit property (or maybe it's AllowLabelEdit). If you edit the label, I beleive the tree will update the underlying field in the data based on the NodeTextColumn. 

If the node allows editing and the underlying data row is not getting updated, then that may be a bug.In which case, you should Submit an incident to Infragistics Developer Support

Children
No Data