Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
custom Combo Editor
posted

Hi There,

I am using Infragistics 2011.1

We have a requirement to show data to user in a combo box. The data present is bit large few million records.

We want to have a control where user can type in some chacters and then search will happen using that pattern and data will be shown in the combo drop down.

Can you please tell me is it possible with xamcomboeditor. or I need to have some sort of custom controls for the same.

Thanks,

Mayank Goyal

Parents
    posted

Hello Mayank Goyal,

Thank you for using Infragistics controls!

The XamComboEditor that exists in 2011.1 version is WPF only and it does not support searching that can filter the data. A new XamComboEditor (That works for both WPF and SL) has been introduced from 2011.2 earliest and it offers searching the data based on filtering. In addition, custom filters could be implemented. 

You could find more information about the XamComboEditor in our documentation - http://help.infragistics.com/doc/WPF/CLR4.0/2015.2?page=XAML_xamComboEditor.html.

I have also created a sample that has the XamComboEditor with default searching with 1 million records.

Please let me know if you have any other questions on this matter.

XamComboEditorApp.zip
Reply Children
No Data