Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Controlling the current record; MVVM/MVP
posted

Hey,

I'm coding an application using a model-view-viewmodel/model view presenter pattern.  As a part of this application I need to control the active row in the grid in my presenter layer -- I need to be able to, during certain points, prevent the row from being changeable, set it to nothing, and set it to a row corresponding to a particular databound model object.  I also need to be able to determine the first, last, previous, and next visible items (where previous and next are with respect to the current). 

I also need to data bind some other controls to the current item -- one of which is another grid that will be bound to a child collection.   I need to control the current item in this child grid/collection as well.

Should I be able to use the ICollectionView from CollectionViewSource.GetDefault(myBoundDataSource) to do this?  I wasn't able to get it to raise current changed events when I changed grid rows.

Thanks