Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Applying an ItemTemplate to the MenuTool
posted

When I assign a DataTemplate to my MenuTool.ItemTemplate, the ItemTemplate is being ignored by the MenuTool (and the object's ToString() method is being shown instead).  Are custom DataTemplates supported for the MenuTool?  It works fine in any other non-infragistics ItemsControl (e.g.ComboBox).  The MenuTool's ItemSource is bound to an observable collection.

I've also been unable to bind a list to a GalleryItemGroup as the ItemsSource is read-only. Is this intentional?

Please let me know if you require a sample project to demonstrate any of this.

Thanks,

Jon.

Offline posted

jwilliamsuk said:
    When I assign a DataTemplate to my MenuTool.ItemTemplate, the ItemTemplate is being ignored by the MenuTool (and the object's ToString() method is being shown instead).  Are custom DataTemplates supported for the MenuTool?  It works fine in any other non-infragistics ItemsControl (e.g.ComboBox).  The MenuTool's ItemSource is bound to an observable collection.

This seems like a bug. You should submit the issue to the support group so you can be notified when the fix is available. Please reference issue # BR34902 when reporting the problem.

jwilliamsuk said:
    I've also been unable to bind a list to a GalleryItemGroup as the ItemsSource is read-only. Is this intentional?

Yes, this is expected. The GalleryItemGroup has an ItemsKeys property which is a collection of strings that represent the key of the GalleryItem instances that you added to the GalleryTool's Items collection. You need to add the keys of the GalleryItem's to this collection to populate the GalleryItemGroup. This was needed since a GalleryItem can be displayed within multiple GalleryItemGroups.