Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Printing the Gantt chart
posted

Hi,

I'm using the WPF Gantt chart control (v15.1), but there's a need to also print it on paper. I don't think there's a simple way to do this.

What would be the recommended way of doing it? If there isn't anything official, what workaround/alternative can you suggest?

Regards,

Gediminas.

Offline posted

Hello Gediminas,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, at the moment, there does not exist any built-in functionality for printing the XamGantt control. As an alternative, you may try the RenderTargetBitmap class that will print your XamGantt to an image. However, this will only print the content that is currently in view on your XamGantt, as the content out of view will be virtualized. I am rather unsure how you would print this content that is out of view.

If you would like to see a printing functionality possibly introduced to the XamGantt control in a future version, I would recommend suggesting a new product idea for this at http://ideas.infragistics.com. This product ideas site will place you in direct communication with our product development teams who plan and prioritize upcoming products and features based upon community and user feedback.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Sincerely,
    Andrew
    Associate Developer