Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Unable to accurately display geofence radius in meters on XamGeographicMap using GeographicProportionalSymbolSeries
posted

I am trying to relate a physical distance to a XamGeographicMap using the GeographicProportionalSymbolSeries series. I want the radius size of my geofence radii on the map to match the distance in meters I have set for the geofence in my application. I have bound my Geocode information and have supplied the "RadiusMemberPath" for Approaching, Departed, and Arrived geofence radii. Each radius is laid on top of the location, is colour coded, and is displayed on the map. 

The issue is when using the RadiusMemberPath on its own without using a SizeScale, the radius size of the geofence doesn't increase when passing in a larger value for the RadiusMemberPath. Changing the RadiusMemberPath values that are passed in only changes the percentage area that a single geofence takes up as the circle area size is always the same. 

If I provide a SizeScale to the series, I can change the radius size of the geofence so that it takes up a larger area. The issue I've had using SizeScale, is the units are relative to the MinimumValue and MaximumValue and I can't relate those units to physical distance on the map. I have tried using a linear and a logarithmic scale and I'm unable to accurately translate meters in my data to a geofence radius on the map.

Is there any way I can display a Geofence on the map with a circular radius that accurately matches a distance in meters?

<!--<ig:GeographicProportionalSymbolSeries.RadiusScale>
<ig:SizeScale MinimumValue="1" MaximumValue="100" IsLogarithmic="False" />
</ig:GeographicProportionalSymbolSeries.RadiusScale>-->

<ig:GeographicProportionalSymbolSeries x:Name="LocationGeofenceRadiusSeries"
ItemsSource="{Binding Path=Geocoordinates}"
LatitudeMemberPath="Geocode.Latitude"
LongitudeMemberPath="Geocode.Longitude"
RadiusMemberPath="RadiusSize"
FillMemberPath="RadiusColor"
FillScale="{StaticResource CustomPaletteBrushScale}"
MarkerType="Circle"
Opacity="0.50"