Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
The scroll bar and expandingIndicator position
posted

hi. I have an hierarchical grid and want both the vertical scroll bar and the expanding indicator to be on the right side of the grid.

is it possible, and if it does, then how?

thanks in advance

Eran

posted

Hi Eran,

I've been thinking about this question.  You can set the XamDataGrid's FlowDirection property to 'RightToLeft' and the expansion indicators will be on the right side, but the scrollbar will then be on the left side.  I think it would be a very complicated task to re-template the control such that the scrollbar is on the right side in that situation, but this morning I thought of a little trick that might be what you need.  Try this:

<ScrollViewer FlowDirection="LeftToRight">
      <igDP:XamDataGrid FlowDirection="RightToLeft" />
    </ScrollViewer>

By placing the XamDataGrid in a ScrollViewer,  it will never need to show its own scrollbar because a ScrollViewer gives its children infinite space to exist in. Without being confined, the datagrid does not need to show scrollbars.  So, we can use a LeftToRight ScrollViewer to contain a RightToLeft XamDataGrid.  Does that work for you?

Josh