Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Force Update on DataRecord
posted

Hi, 

i have the following problem. Let's assume that i have a collection of MyClass as the dataSource of my xamGrid.

MyClass implements INotifyPropertyChanged and has got, lets say, 5 properties. But i am not intersted in representing these 5 properties in the grid, i am intersted in representing different result which are the results of some calculation regarding these properties. This lead me to use UnboundFields and in the InitializeRecord event i start this calculations and fill the unbound fields. So far it works. But now one of these related properties is changing and so i thought that the related record is updated too (call InitializRecord). In WinForms grid the changing of a object forces the call of InitializeRow event regarding to this object. But in XamGrid this mechanism wont work. Of course, i can manually subscribe to the PropertyChanged event of each object but this would be a ugly way.

Maybe the using of InitializeRecord (adapted from winForms grid) is the wrong way to do such stuff. So please give me a hint where/what the best way to do so.

Thanks 

Axel

Offline posted

Hello Axel,

Thank you for your post. I have been looking through it and it seems like in our supported versions XamDataGrid’s InitializeRecord event is raised, whenever a particular cell exit its edit mode . Please note, we are making efforts to ensure all posts are addressed by an Infragistics expert. We believe that the other community members could benefit from this thread as well.

Feel free to write me if you need further assistance.