Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Programmatically switching to a ContextualTabGroup
posted

Hello,

I understand how to make a ContextualTabGroup visible/invisible depending on the control with focus (in my case I'm attempting to do it based on the active pane in DockManager). What I'm wondering is, is there any way to not only make the ContextualTabGroup available/visible, but also to bring it to the foreground (i.e make it active) programmatically? I haven't found anything yet, but I'm still learning.... :-)

Thanks for any tips you can throw my way...

Regards,

Bob

Parents
No Data
    posted

Well, I think I just answered my own question. Microsoft's licensing agreement does not permit such behavior.

"Contextual Tabs MUST be available when the user selects an existing object in the document, but the Contextual Tabs MUST NOT become selected. The currently selected tab MUST continue to be selected in the Ribbon. "

Way to go MS! Without that ability, the ribbon is pretty much useless in my application. Perhaps someday they will realize that not all applications are text editors or spreadsheets (which of course are probably also prevented by their license agreement because they "compete" with Office). Time to look for another approach... Sigh...

Bob

Children
No Data