Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Reporting and WPF
posted

I am just beginning to research using Infragistics Controls on WPF Forms for report output.  We have over one thousand reports that exist in SSRS .rdlc or Crystal format.  We would like to allow the user the ability to preview a report and print.  The export to PDF or other formats could be handled separately or as a part of the preview/print process.  However, in most cases, we would like to do this without displaying the query results in a grid first.  We would rather code the query for the report programmatically and simply display the report on the desktop and allow a button to print.   What is the best approach to take?  Is there any way to print .rdlc or Crystal reports that are already designed/created?  We can convert the reports to all .rdlc or all crystal format if it makes a difference.  Can the Infragistics controls produce a report output without showing a grid of the data first?  Please excuse my ignorance.  I have only worked with some of the winforms controls so far and am new to WPF.

In vanilla .net c# I can display the report in a winform using the reportviewer control or host the reportviewer control in a WPF form and both work.  I am hoping there is a better option for WPF using the Infragistics controls.

Tia,