Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Animations and Triggers question...
posted

I have created a stacked bar chart with 2 series and animated the series using codebehind. I would like to add triggers so that my datapoints will change color on mouseover.  However, if I add a style as in <windows.resource>:

<Style TargetType="{x:Type igCA:DataPoint}">
<Style.Triggers>
<Trigger Property="IsMouseOver" Value="True">
<Setter Property="Fill" Value="Red" />
</Trigger>
</Style.Triggers>
</Style>

What ends up happening is that the animation "restarts" or begins again  everytime I mouseover a datapoint.

What can I do so that the series animation runs once and stops so that the mouseover trigger can change the datapoint colors? The triggers for the datapoint colors work fine when I do not enable the series animation. I have a sample xaml page with series animations and triggers set, and it is still doing the same thing. I know this is possible, so if someone can point me in the right direction I would much appreciate it!

Parents
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

unfortunately, changing the Fill property causes the chart to repaint, thus restarting the animation.  you can use a hack like this to set the Series.Animation to null after it has a chance to run:

private void theChart_Loaded(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
            {
                DispatcherTimer animationCompleteTimer = new DispatcherTimer();
                animationCompleteTimer.Interval = this.theChart.Series[0].Animation.Duration.TimeSpan;
                animationCompleteTimer.Tick += new EventHandler(animationCompleteTimer_Tick);
                animationCompleteTimer.Start();
            }

private void animationCompleteTimer_Tick(object sender, EventArgs e)
            {

this.theChart.Series[0].Animation = null;
                ((DispatcherTimer)sender).Stop();       

}

Reply Children
No Data