Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Horrible grid render time
posted

Hi, I am working on a number of UIs that will be using one instance of the XamDockManager to host various UI controls. Since we want a common look and feel, various user controls will be using the XamDataGrid control. A common use case is that the user will have two  tabbed Content Panes in the XamDockManager, both of which contain a XamDataGrid instance, and will want to switch between the two. Sometimes, the user will even want to dock the Content Pane in a different location.

It is quickly becoming apparent that XamDataGrid is extremely weak at these cases out of the ox. Everytime a tab is switched, it takes over a second to render the XamDataGrid. Frankly, we begin to question the decision to use Infragistics. I have attached a sample solution that demonstrates the issues we are seeing. Try switching the tabs or docking one of the tabs using drag-and-drop. It's incredibly slow. 

Short of not using the XamDataGrid, how can we get around this issue? How can we squeeze more peformance out of this?

Note: I am seeing the same performance characteristics if the XamDataGrids are replaced by XamChart instances.

Thanks,

-Szymon

SlowGrid.zip
Parents Reply Children
No Data