Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Obtaining the actual records shown when a group is expanded
posted

Visible Records - I am attempting to obtain a collection of visible records (those visible under an expanded grouping), but much to my dismay the list of visible records returned is little more than a count of the groups and names of those groups in the nested view. Fairly useless. What I desire is to build a collection from the records seen when one expands a nested group.

My goal is to perform updates on just those records visible when a group is expanded.

What I have found as in other areas, grouping does not respect the total number of records in the currentview, but rather it maintains the parent source of n records. If one updates records under an expanded group, all records from the source are updated. Not desireable.

Naturally I expect the need to create the collection from the DataGrid Record, but less apparent is how to collect those records in the currently expanded view.

Glenn

private void DeselectedResourcesGrid_RecordsInViewChanged(object sender, RecordsInViewChangedEventArgs e) {

string eventName = e.RoutedEvent.Name.ToString();

int count = this.DeselectedResourcesGrid.ViewableRecords.Count; }