Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
c# 2008 Express Edition
posted

Hi I'm having problems adding WPF tools to the toolbox on c# 2008 Express Edition. I managed at one point to add the dock control but when I tried to add more controls nothing happened. I have tried 'Choose Items' and dragging and dropping dlls directly from the bin folder. I have tried deleting the toolbox tab and recreating it. Whatever I do nothing gets added and there are no exceptions.

I was about to evaluate my last tool before purchase but now I'm stuck. Can anyone help please?

Alan

posted

Alan,

I just tested this out using Windows XP with Service Pack 3. 

1. Installed C# 2008 Express Edition with Service Pack 1, accepting the default installation options. 
    2. Once it finished installing I went to Microsoft Update and got the latest critical fixes dealing with CLR3.5. 
    3. Installed NetAdvantage WPF 2009.1 (build 1006) as a trial. 
    4. Created a new WPF Application project, and went to the toolbox, and created a new tab. 
    5. Selected "Choose Items..." from the toolbox, and went to the WPF Components Tab in "Choose Toolbox Items" dialog. 
    6. Selected the NetAdvantage WPF 9.1 components starting with prefix "Xam", and they were added to the toolbox.
    7. Dragged several of the components from the toolbox onto the design service without issue.

Can you think of anything custom, or specific to your environment that I'm not able to reproduce this?

posted

Sorry for the delayed reply.  Sounds like you got some of the controls into the toolbox, but some of them you can't?  Can you tell me which ones you can't add to the toolbox (or which ones you can)?  In addition, what version of NetAdvantage for WPF are you evaluating, and what OS are you using?