Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
how do i reuse the same fieldlayout across multiple grids?
posted

does anyone know how to reuse a fieldlayout across multiple grids?  can someone post an example?

right now i have multple grids that have very similar behavior and have very similar field layouts.  i have managed to push the logic up into a base class, but xaml cannot be inherited (as far as i know).  so at the moment i am copying the same field layouts over and over again across multiple grids.  this seems like a poor architecture, and it is too cumbersome to maintain over time.

i am speculating that there may be a way to put a fieldlayout into a resourcedictionary, reference the fieldlayout as a dynamicresource in the xamdatagrid, save the resourcedictionary as a xaml file, read the resourcedictionary in at runtime, instantiate a MergedDictionaries, and using this pattern, reuse the same fieldlayout across multiple xamDataGrids.

at this point i can't even figure out how to reference a fieldlayout from the resources.

does anyone know how to reuse a fieldlayout across multiple grids?

can someone post an example of putting a fieldlayout into the resources area and referencing that resource in the xamdatagrid?  or post some other pattern i haven't thought of?  thanks.  -g

Parents Reply Children
No Data