Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Vaidation for decimal values
posted

I have xamtexteditor. I want to validate the text  for floating point values. I have oracle as backend. So my validation should be like integer part should be 16 digit and decimal part should be 7 digits.(in oracle column is 23,7). How i should validate both integer and fractional part. I am using xamtextbox for style also in the grid. I am not using xamnumericeditor .

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    posted

Hello,

The XamEditors use the ValueConstraint class to validate the data that is entered. The ValueConstraint implements Regex validation which will look something like this:

<igEditor:XamTextEditor.ValueConstraint>

<igEditor:ValueConstraint RegexPattern="\d{16}\.\d{7}" />

</igEditor:XamTextEditor.ValueConstraint>

This Regex sets exactly 16 digits and 7 decimal part digits and nothing else. I suggest using this one its a bit more complicated: RegexPattern="\d{1,16}(\.\d{1,7})?" it prevents from enterring morethan the above mentioned digits and also its deciaml part is optional.

Hope this helps. 

Sincerely,

Petar Monov,

DS Engineer,

Infragistics Bulgaria

Children
No Data