Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
single click checkbox cell to toggle value
posted

I have a number of columns that are type checkbox.  I wish to allow the user to multi select cells by left clicking as shown in the my projects xamDataGrid image below.

I have my CellClickAction set as follows:

<igDP:FieldSettings CellClickAction="SelectCell" LabelTextWrapping="Wrap">

</igDP:FieldSettings>

The problem I am having is that the user must now double-click a checkbox in order to toggle the value. I would like it so they could single click an individual checkbox to toggle it. But if they want to select a range they could left-click within the cell but outside of the checkbox and then drag to select a range because I am going to be displaying a context menu that allows them to check/uncheck the selected range. It is not a requirement that they click outside of the checkbox, I am just looking for a way for the user to accomplish the behavior, so if you have another suggestion that is ok.

So I think the only question at this point is: The grid is functioning fine, but how can I make it so the user can single click a checkbox and have it toggle.

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hello,

This behavior is because you have set the CellClickAction to Select Cell. As its name implies, when you click on a cell, it will select it. You would have to perform another click in order to enter edit mode. This is the expected behavior of the XamDataGrid.

Children
No Data