Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
'correct' docking without central content control
posted

I am currently investing the Infragistics WPF controls to find out if I can use them for a bigger project together with CAL. For one of my recent projects I already successfully used the Infragistics WinForms controls together with CAB. For the beginning I am not so much concerned about the CAL integration but I am particularly interested in the xamDockManager. Looking at this control I was more than disappointed. What especially annoys me is the fact that it is a "content centered" control, which means, there has to be one special content control around which the potentially optional controls can be docked. Without this special content control the docking area never gets filled completely. But this is not what I want to have. I want to treat all the docked controls the same. What I want is your SalesManager demo, but with the grid control behaving exactly like all the other docked controls. If I look at the SalesManager demo it looks weird and wrong to me that the grid looks and behaves differently than all the other controls. The application I have to write, does not have such a special content control, that is always present, all docked controls need to be treated the same.

This is in fact how it was with the old WinForms controls. I think this control was called UltraDockManager or the like.

So, is there a way to use the xamDockManager without central content control, in a way that the whole docking area is always covered by the docked controls/panels? I.e. I want docking functionality as with the standard DockPanel.

My evaluation descision will most likely depend on this.

Thanks, and best regards

Parents Reply Children
No Data