Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Disappearing grid header labels and a solution
posted

We were encountering a problem where some of the header labels for one of our grids would randomly disappear when the grid column was scrolled into view. I have attached a screenshot to show how the grid header appears. Having done some research and come up with a potential solution I thought I would share this just in case anyone else was experiencing the same problem.

Our application has a significant number of grids (v2009.1) but one particular gird was experiencing this issue. The difference seemded to be that this grid had its fields generated dynamically and they were unbound as apposed to our other grids which used bound columns.

The problem only seemed to exist in the following scenario;

• The resolution of the screen or the initial size of the grid on the screen should be such that not all the columns are visible when the grid is first drawn onto the page.
  • Scrolling across the grid to view those columns causes the grid to have difficulty redrawing the column sizes and/or displaying the column header labels
  • Continuously scrolling backwards and forwards between the columns will result in different column headings being hidden and column sizes changing.
  • Refreshing the data in the grid will randomly cause the colum header labels to be corrected.
  • If the screen resolution or initial size of the grid is such that all the grid columns are visible when the grid is first drawn then the problem does not seem to occur. Even if you reduce the size of the grid form after displaying the grid, scrolling around the grid does not seem to produce the same issues.

The solution to this problem seems to be the Label Virtualization. By default the AllowLabelVirtualization is null. During the creation of the UnBoundField's I change the FieldSettings so that the AllowLabelVirtualization = false. My initial tests seem to indicate that this solves the problem

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello ViewState,

Thank you for the feedback. I believe that other community members may benefit from this thread as well. Please note, we are making efforts to ensure all posts are addressed by an Infragistics expert. We believe that the other community members could benefit from this thread as well.

Feel free to write me if you need further assistance.

Children
No Data