Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Xceed DataGridControl.ItemsSource is null if hosted in floating SplitPane/ContentPane
posted

I am using an Xceed DataGridControl hosted inside an Infragistics container control SplitPane/ContentPane.

If I instantiate a UserControl containing the DataGridControl within a floating SplitPane/ContentPane and immediately invoke a function on it (using the dispatcher), the DataGridControl.ItemsSource property is null.  Even if invoke another dispatcher call before checking, it is null.

However, if I make the SplitPane/ContentPane not floating, it is not null and I am able to use it as I require.

It appears to be a rendering issue perhaps, but using the dispatcher is not helping in this case.

As this error has been very difficult to reproduce in a barebones example project written from scratch, I have spent some time stripping down my commercial application to the skeleton code causing the issues.  This is attached.  The Xceed DataGrid for WPF control suite will have to be installed from here (site registration may be required).

In the attached example project, after loading, if the user selects 'Call & Alert Manager' from the OutlookBar on the left, an assert error message box pops up denoting the occurrence of the issue in CallAndAlertManager.UpdateAutoFilterValues() function.  However, if the spCallMonitor SplitPane has its XamDockManager.InitialLocation set to DockedLeft, the problem is resolved.  But I need this to work for the floating case.

Any assistance in resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

NullItemsSourceIssue.zip