Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Custom Filter Clears When FilterButton Clicked
posted

Hello,

I'm running version 9.2.20092.2023 and experiencing a behavior where a custom filter clears out when the filter button is clicked.  This only occurs when the FilterUIType is set to LabelIcon, and I have verified that this was not occuring in version 1007.  To duplicate:

- Create a grid and set the FilterUIType to LabelIcon.

- Click the Filter Button, go to (Custom), and add a condition.  For example, StartsWith 'A'.

- Click OK and the filter will be applied.

- Click the Filter Button again, as though you wanted to modify your custom filter.  As the dropdown opens, the filter will clear and the filtered out rows will become visible again.  If you click (Custom) again, no conditions will be present.

Is there any chance this has been resolved in a more recent service release?  If not, I have some more details.

More details:

It looks like when you click the Filter Button, the Checked event is fired.  This is the same as 1007.  But, in 2023, this causes the XamComboEditor contained within the FilterButton Template to enter edit mode.  This in turn causes the combo box to try and resolve its selected item.  Because the operand is custom, it resolves to null, which causes a reset to fire on the ConditionsGroup, clearing it out.  I have a stack trace saved from within the FilterRecord PropertyChanged event which illustrates this.  If this is still an issue, I can upload it to assist debugging.