Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Objects in XamComboEditor in XamDataPresenter
posted

I need to bind objects in the combobox that apprears in the grid column. The combobox needs to show a property (eg. Description) list. When I select a property, the object corresponding to the description should be assigned through two way binding.

For example, if I am showing Orders in the datapresenter. One of the properties of Orders is CustomerType object. It has a Description field, along with other properties. The grid shows the description property in the combobox and cell value presenter ( when not in edit mode ). When I select a different Description from the combobox, the Order record is updated with the selected CutomerType object.

Do you have any example that does it? I followed as mentioned in http://help.infragistics.com/Help/NetAdvantage/WPF/2009.1/CLR3.5/html/xamComboEditor_Bind_xamComboEditor_to_a_Collection.html

The XamComboBox works fine, but the CellValuePresenter, ( When not in edit mode) calls the ToString() method of the object to display the content. Do I need to override CellValuePresenter?