Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamComboEditor value not displayed via WindowsFormsIntegration
posted

Hi all,
I created a simple UserControl in WPF that basically shows a XamComboEditor.

The XamComboEditor displays a single value (a year in this case).
If you select a new value the editor opps a xamDataGrid containing three columns where somebody may choose a new year which is then displayed in the editors value.

So far so good, everything works fine. I set the initial year as value for the editor and load the related data into a datapresenter.

When starting the WPF application I get the desired result, it shows 2010 in the comboeditor (because I have set it in the initialize routines).

Transforming the WPF Window into a WPF UserControl also worked as expected, the initial year is displayed in the comboeditor.

Now here comes the trouble:
I created a Win Forms application to host the WPF UserControl. Simple task though, the usercontrol gets displayed in the ElementHost, but the comboeditors initial value does not display.
It is set though (I checked that in the debugger), but it just looks some kind of "selected" (completely blue) and does not show the initial year.

Does anybody have an idea regarding this?
Any help is kindly appreciated ;)

Have a great day and best regards
Andy

Verified Answer
    posted

I figured out some additional information.
    The value is indeed displayed, but not visible due to the "selected" layout (the blue stuff).

So it seems that the comboeditor gets selected by default, rendering the value unreadable.

Sorry for troubling anybody ;)
    best regards
    Andy