Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamReportPreview crahses and throws out of memory exception
posted

Hello,

I have used XamReportPreview control for previewing Grid and chart generated as a report. so that user can visualize the print format of grid and chart together. Now the problem is when my grid is binded with lots of data in form of thousands of rows. and when i try to preview this in XamReportPreview control by GeneratePreview method, it starts generating pages and it uses all the memory of system and memory of my application keeps on climbing and when it reaches to some 100's of MB it gets crashed.

I dont have paging implemention with my report grid itself and it never crashed. but I thought of implementing custome paging for my preview only.  but it was not a very good solution because by implementing custome paging I would not have accurate summary in the group header shown in preview because of partial paged data and there may be multiple groups and groups within groups and it will cost alot of time to implement this with accuracy and i am not sure of any other issues with it.

does any one have any solution for that?

Warm regards,

Aqeel.

posted

Hello Aqeel,

I suggest you create a developer support case which reports the crashing problem you experienced. None of our controls should ever crash! When you submit the report ask for a work-around to this problem. They can help you get around this issue and give you detailed attention to help you solve this problem.

You can submit the case at the following website:
    http://ko.infragistics.com/support/submitrequest.aspx

If you can deliver your project or a reproducible sample with steps to reproduce, that will help expedite a fix to the bug. Our company has a very fast turn-around for bug fixes.

Thank you!